Friday, June 10, 2011

What Happens After Day Care

So Sean drops Brady off at day care and I usually pick him up since I'm on maternity leave and can get him a bit earlier. We typically get home around 430 or 445 and I spend from then until about 6pm with both Brady and Noelle. Some afternoons are good and some afternoons are not so good. I give serious props to stay at home moms, especially those with more than one child. I cannot even imagine.

Anyway, what typically happens is Noelle sleeps in my arms or sometimes her car seat or the bouncer or I am rocking her and trying to keep her happy. Meanwhile, Brady is running around and needs to eat dinner. So, whenever Noelle is asleep in a place other than in my arms or happily hanging in her bouncer or on her playmat, the afternoon goes smoothly. When I hold her the entire time, things go not as smoothly because Brady realizes I am occupied and gets into all the things he knows he should not get into.

Yesterday afternoon, Noelle fell asleep in my arms while I was feeding Brady dinner. I had to put her down to clean up Brady and get him out of his booster seat so I quickly put Noelle down on her playmat. After I cleaned Brady and "set him free" he ran right up to Noelle. I followed and saw this:







She stayed asleep... even though she was unswaddled and straight on her back. She dislikes both of those things so I was pretty surprised. Brady, meanwhile, insisted that I turn on the music on the playmat, which is pretty loud. Through about 20 minutes of music, Noelle remained asleep. The afternoon was splendid.

Brady is a little ham so I took some pictures of him too. This is his version of a smile - it definitely needs some work:


And when I told him to say "cheese," this is him saying it while gnawing on his entire hand (we think he's getting some teeth, although besides the gnawing, he shows no signs of teething):


And this is Brady reading books with only one sandal on his socked feet. He insisted I put this sandal on and then spent the afternoon happily running around like that. We obviously pick our battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment